The SuperCopier® Desktop Pro Gen-2 is an industrial and an extremely fast, multiple purpose hard drive duplication units. It can be used to perform hard drive duplication, hard drive imaging, hard drive cloning, hard drive erase, hard drive diagnostics, and hard drive quick format of many hard disk drives in a very fast and efficient way. The unit performs at a very high transfer rate, in a very secure Linux environment, and with the most efficient user-friendly touchscreen icons application. The unit has a durable built, with a desktop style, featuring an 8 channels open tray for easy hard drive insertion and connection, 8 SATA/SATA-3 ports, and 6 USB3.0 ports. By default one SAS/SATA port and one USB ports are set to perform as the source ports, but the user has the flexibility to assign each port of the unit as source or target. The SuperCopier application supports many modes of operations, such as:
1) Mirror mode, Imaging drive with 100% bit by bit copy - any OS and any file system, with Hash verification mechanism which includes Hash target drive and compares to source drive for 100% data transferred verification. User can also image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging
2) Duplication drives with a Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy - The application supports duplication of the files system only, from many source drives that have the following file system: FAT/NTFS/exFAT/Linux EXT2-4 to many target drives.
Also, the application automatically performs:
a) Partitions scanning on the source drives
b) Partitions scaling on the target drives.
c) Scale Options:
1) Scale all partitionsNTFS True scaling down new s/w release Example:
2) Selectively scale partitions
3) Disable scaling
4) Scale down partittion: If the data on the source drive does not occupied the whole drive, user can copy it to a smaller drive (for example if the data occupied only 200GB on 1TB source drive, than the target drive can be 200GB and cloning from 1TB to 200GB will work).
We run a bench test with a 160GB source drive, which contains two NTFS partitions, 100MB boot partition, and the rest was Windows partition. The target drive is 120GB and the data load size is 16.4GB. The data is fragmented and previous s/w revision could not even copy to an 80GB target drive. The new s/w version allows the target drive to shrink from a 120GB drive all the way down to 23.5GB drive! d) Ability to Copy Encrypted partition and unrecognized partition
3) Deploy drive - The application supports duplication of data from one source drive to many target drives, or from many source drives to many target drives up to 4:4 on SATA/SAS ports and more with USB3.0 ports
4) Erase operations - The application supports independent channel/port erase operations with the use of those erase protocols: DoD, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase
5) Quick drive format - The application supports a quick format for NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, and EXT4 file system
6) Drive Diagnostics: User can run drive diagnostics on Target drives, such S.M.A.R.T tests and Read- Verify test that will report the location and amount of bad sectors and weak media.
7) The SuperCopier application runs under secured Linux OS (Linux OS is not targeted by viruses and malware as Windows, for instance)
8) The unit has optional expansion capabilities via PCIE 3.0 Expansion slots (SCSI 3 drives and 6 drives Options, Fiber Channel 2 drives Options, 1394 Option, Thunderbolt Option Via 1394, USB3.1 Option, Express Card Reader Option, NVMe KIT and more)
9) Also the application is updated to clone drives with Windows 10
Remarks on off the shelf cloning and imaging application: There are many cloning and imaging stand alone applications, only a few are really working!
Some of the testimonials:
"The MediaClone SuperCopier Desktop unit works very well. The unit runs very fast in multiple session operations, and it is very easy to use. We have loaded many different kinds of partitions on the source drive, and the Quick Copy mode works very well cloning the source to many targets. The application supports GPT and MBR partitions with scaling and non-scaling, NTFS resize works with different size targets, and the latest Windows 10 is very well supported.” Benny Potlog from Intel Israel
"For our purposes, being able to sanitize many drives swiftly is a serious need. We looked into several devices but they were usually made for single purposes that didn't match what we were looking for. The MediaClone SuperCopier has allowed us to speed up cleansing drives dramatically as well as clone drives. It's flexible and allows for many operations simultaneously. In the rare event of any issues, we have always received prompt support from MediaClone. The SuperCopier is very well constructed, simple to use, and reliable." Warren Smite from Prosoftnet Calabasas, CA
Main Hardware Features:
- Case: Desktop, Industrial
- CPU: i7 6th generation
- Display: 8" (800X600) LED backlight Touchscreen color LCD display
- 8 Channel HDD Open Tray: An easy to insert and plug tray, that accommodates any size and shape of Hard Disk Drive storage devices, yielding power status LED indicators
- Hardware: Very high-quality high performing components, some with military specifications.
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
- Security: Linux OS. (Linux is less targeted by malware)
- Application Updates: Application can be easily updated via USB thumb drive and special update application screen Application Settings:
- HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application has the ability to automatically open HPA and DCO areas and re-size the hard drive to its full native capacity in order to erase any “hidden data” (HPA/DCO are special areas on the hard disk drive that support this feature)
- Bad Sectors Handling: User can select to skip bad sectors/blocks, or abort the operation when it encounters bad sectors/block of sectors on the source hard disk drive
- 48bit LBA addressing: Support drives with size up to 256TB
- Support Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0, MMC, M.2 NGFF(SATA or PCIE base), 1394*, Thunderbolt*, SCSI*, FC*, USB3.1, NVMe*
- Supports Form Factors: 3.5", 2.5", ZIF, 1.8", Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, PCIE*, Mini PCIE*, M.2 NGFF storage devices
- Cross Copy From Ports and Interfaces: The user can choose to clone from one type of port, storage protocol, and interface, and save into a different port, storage protocol, and interface. The cross copy of data can be done between SAS/SATA/IDE/USB/SCSI/1394 interfaces
- Flexible Port's Role Assignment: User can re-assign any target port a role to be source or target
- Source Ports: One SAS/SATA port and one USB3.0 port are set as source ports for cloning operation (Those ports role can not be changed by the user)
- Application Features:
- GUI: The application is built with large and very simple and easy-to-navigate icons. In a few clicks, the user can set the operation, and it will be quickly up and running
- Speed: Extremely fast operation: 100% bit by bit can be up to 29GB/min with SSD and 11GB/min with fast Hard Disk Drives
- Support Smart Copy From OS: NTFS, FAT, exFAT. EXT2-4
- Log Files: Audit trail in PDF formats, or TXT formats with ability to customize the reports and adding user company’ logo
- Main application Features:
- • Erase data from hard disk drives
- • Clone: Mirror bit by bit (Any OS) or Smart Quick cloning (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, EXT2-4)
- • Quick Format of hard disk drives
- • Drive Diagnostics
- Main Copy/Duplicate/Clone application Features:
- • Mirror Image: 100% bit by bit for any size of master and target with any OS. Source and targets drives need to be the same make and size if the user needs to boot from the target drives. User can image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging
- • Quick Capture- Advanced Smart Copy mode: Where the cloning and the deploying process is done with a copy of the file system.
- It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/EXT -2-3-4 file system
- Automatic scan for all the partitions on the source drive
- Optional to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partition by user selection and choice
- Optional not to scale partitions
- Flexibility in cloning mode can be 1:7, 2:6, 3:5, 4:4 and more modes with use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters
- Scale down: If the size of the DATA on the source drive (not the size of source drive!) will fit the target drive, than the quick capture will be completed
- Automatic format and partitions the target drives: On-the-fly during the duplication runs
- Verification of the copied data:
- Built-in data transfer verification mode applied for all modes of copy
- For 100% bit by bit copy: User can select to add optional Hash calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHa-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. SHA-1 is the fastest mode and it almost adds not delay to the total copy time. For extra precaution, user can also enable the option to "Hash target drives and compare" which will run an addition read pass over the target drives at the end of the copy, calculated Hash value by reading the data from the target drives, and compare the Hash values to the one that was generated from the source drive. That extra step adds some extra time, for example if running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source HDD to 7TB targets HDD can take around 2h, Hash target drive and compare can add another hour to the total time
- Parallel Operations:
- Multiple Session Operations:
- • Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions: User can assign and selects one source and many targets into one session of cloning. Also, the user can have many sessions of cloning, each will have one source drive and, at least, one target drives, which gives the user more possibilities to use the unit in a very efficient way. The user can run multiple efficient parallel operations on any available ports. There are some limitations on the number of simultaneous sessions: i7 CPU has 8 sessions limitation. However, the user can combine more than one port/storage devices in the same sessions. Also, the user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session. An example of operations: Erase data with DoD protocol from a hard disk drive on one port, a quick smart image on a second port and third ports, and so.
- • Multiple Session Application Screen: All running sessions are displayed in one Application Screen. The application screen shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, completion progress bar, successful completion flag. The user can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real-time running progress and get a detailed setting. It is a very easy way to view, navigate, and control the sessions
- • Hard Drive Detection Application Screen: All hard disk drives and storage devices that are connected to the units will be scanned and displayed in one application screen, called “the detection screen”. User can tap on each drive to get its detailed info, as well as selecting it for the desired operation they are planning to use Ports:
- • Native SAS: 8 Ports
- • Native SATA: 9 Ports (with use of the unit’s eSATA port)
- • USB3.0: 6 Ports
- • USB2.0: 1 Port
- More Ports:
- With the use of USB3.0 to SATA fast adapters and with the combination of e-SATA port, the unit can support up to 15 SATA Hard Disk Drives.
- With the use of PCIE 3.0 Expansion slots, and with the Optional Sonnet 4 SAS Ports Express Card Adapter, the application can support up to 12 SAS Hard Disk Drives. Erase and Quick Format Operation:
- Hard Disk Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, DoD Lite (Total of 4 pass), Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or User-Defined Final Data Filling Pattern, and the number of erase iterations (Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, and DoD erase protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance)
- Quick Format: NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT4
- Drive Diagnostics tests and S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If the user intends to erase drive for re-use purpose, it would be recommended to run some "Health test" on the drive prior to the erase process. There are available are 4 type of tests: Read-Verify (supported by all storage protocols), Short Test (2-5 minutes) which scan random area on the drive, Extended Full Test (Can take hours) that scan the entire drive, or Conveyance Test that identify damage incurred during transporting of the drive, to evaluate the "health" condition of the drive prior to erase operation(S.M.A.R.T. is only supported by SATA protocols)
- Logs and Erase Certification: The application generates extensive erase log files and erase certification (option to save to NIST 800-88 format) that are easy to export to USB flash drive. User can add company logo to the erase certification and also add additional info on the erase runs that will appended to the certification.
Expansion capabilities and the main hardware options:
- Expansion Slots: Optional expansion slots (3 PCIE 3.0) that can be configured at the time of purchasing the main unit to supports many different kinds of storage devices such as SCSI, FC, 1394, TB, Express cards, Mini PCIE, M.2 PCIE NVMe and more. The Supports is limited to the total number of available Expansion slots.
- USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min.With the use of USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, the user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and very little speed degradation.
- SCSI Expansion and Configuration Option: The user can select to configure the unit at the time of purchasing of the main unit with SCSI controller cards. . There are 2 kits available: 6 Drives SCSI and 3 Drives SCSi Supports. The kits include SCSI LVDS 3 channel cable (68pin connectors), SCSI terminator, VHDCI to SCSI adapter, SCA80 and HD50 SCSI adapters to supports old SCSI drives, and external PS. The PCIE 3.0 expansion slots do provides a very high bandwidth and the application can achieve very high-speed meeting SCSI drives transfer rates.
- Fiber Channel Expansion and Configuration Option: The user can select to configure the unit at the time of purchasing of the main unit, with FC controller cards. The 2 drives FC-KIT includes FC dual ports 4Gigabit/s controller, 2 FC drive's Adapters, 2 Optical 1m cables, and 2 Transceivers. The PCIE 3.0 expansion slot do provides a very high bandwidth and the application can achieve a very high-speed meeting FC drives transfer rates.
- 1394 Expansion Configuration Option: The unit can be configured with 1394 PCIE controller to supports 1394 devices (1394 devices can be easily daisy chained).
- USB3.1 Configuration Option: The unit can be configured with USB3.1 controller card to supports newly USB3.1 storage devices.
- Thunderbolt adapter Option: With the use the Thunderbolt to 1394 adapter, a user can connect the main unit to a Mac laptop that has a TB port (Ans it is booted in target) and gains access to the Mac internal drive.
- More SATA/SAS ports: The unit can be configured with many ports PCIE SATA/SAS controller cards with external ports to provides the user with more SATA/SAS ports.
- USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) SATA base adapters Option: Most current laptops and tablets use M.2 (NGFF) Storage devices. This adapter supports connectivity to some of the newest M.2 SSD storage (Storage that supported by SATA Protocols). There are 2 types of adapters that support M.2 NGFF: one is USB3.0 to M.2 NGFF and the second is SATA to M.2 NGFF
- USB3.0 to M.2 (NGFF) PCIE base adapters Option(not NVMe): A few adapters are available to supports Mini-PCIE SSD NGFF that are used in MacBook Air 2012 and MackBook Pro Retina 2012, MacBook 2013. Some adapters do not have standard connectors such in MacBook Air 2013 (12+16)
- Built in the US: The units are built and tested in the US
- Warranty: One-year free warranty on the main unit (it is not included warranty on accessories, adapters, and cables)
- * Expansion ready unit. * With Expansion options