The SuperCopier® Desktop Pro Gen-3 (9th Generation i7 CPU and 12Gigbit/s Gen3 SAS, with an option for 2 NVMe ports ) is an industrial, fast, multiple purpose drive imaging, drive copier and drive duplication unit. The user can run: drive duplication, drive imaging, drive cloning, drive erase, drive diagnostics, selective capture, and drive format using multiple drives at the same time in a very efficient way. The unit supports hard disk drives, SSD, and USB Flash drives. The unit performs at a very high transfer rate, in a very secure Linux environment, and with easy to use user-friendly touchscreen icons application. The unit has a durable built, with a desktop-style, featuring an 8 channels open tray for easy drive insertion and connection, 8 SAS/SATA-3 ports, 10 USB3.1 ports(2 USB3.1 ports are Gen-2 with 10Gigabit/s), and one e-SATA port. By default, the first SAS/SATA port and the first USB3.1 port are hardware set to perform as source ports. The user has the flexibility to assign to each of the unit's target port to be source or target. The SuperCopier main application supports many modes of operations, such as:
1) Mirror mode: Imaging drive with 100% bit by bit copy - any OS and any file system, with HASH verification mechanism which includes HASH target drive and compares to source drive for 100% data transferred verification. The user can also image a portion of the drive, by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging
2) Duplication drives with a Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy - The application supports duplication of the files system only, from many source drives that have the following file system: FAT/NTFS/exFAT/HFS+/Linux EXT2-4 to many target drives.
Also, the application automatically performs:
a) Partitions scanning on the source drives.
3) VHD copy - Supports Copy from source drive contain multiple VHD files
b) Partitions scaling on the target drives.
c) Ability to Copy Encrypted partition and unrecognized partition
d) Scale Options:
- 1) Scale all partitions
- 2) Selectively scale partitions
- 3) Disable scaling
- 4) Scale down partition (Not applicable for EXT2-4 and not HFS+): If the data on the source drive does not occupy the whole drive, the user can copy it to a smaller drive (for example if the data occupied only 200GB on 1TB source drive, then the target drive can be 200GB and cloning from 1TB to 200GB will work).
NTFS True scaling down, with a new s/w release: Run a bench test with a 160GB source drive, which contains two NTFS partitions: 1) 100MB boot partition 2) rest was Windows partition. The target drive size was 120GB, and the data load size was 16.4GB. The data were fragmented, and the previous s/w revision could not succeed in copying it into 80GB size target drive. The new s/w version allows the target drive to shrink from a size of 120GB, down to 23.5GB size!
4) Selective Capture - Supports selective capture of files and folders
5) Deploy drive - The application supports duplication of data from one source drive to multiple target drives, or from multiple source drives to multiple target drives up to 1:7 on SAS ports, 1:10 on SATA ports and more with the use of USB3.1 ports
6) Copy to Folder - Copy all data files from a source drive into one folder on the target drives
7) Erase operations - The application supports independent channel/port erase operations with the use of those erase protocols: DoD, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, Sanitize, NVME-Format, and User Erase mode.
8) Drive Full or Quick Format - The application supports format for NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, and EXT4 file system
9) Drive Diagnostics - The user can run drive diagnostics on Target drives, such as 3 S.M.A.R.T tests and Read- Verify test that will report the location and amount of bad sectors and weak media.
10) The application runs under secured Linux OS (Linux OS is not targeted by viruses and malware as Windows, for instance)
11) The unit has optional expansion capabilities via PCIE 3.0 Expansion slots (SCSI 3 drives and 6 drives Options, Fiber Channel 2 drives Options, 1394 Option, Thunderbolt Option Via 1394, Express Card Reader Option, NVMe 2 ports solution and more)
12) The application is updated to clone Windows 10 source drives
13) Support for HFS+ partition in Quick Copy mode
14) Automatic conversion between 512k to 4k formats (Physical and Logical)
14) Option: Add Expansion Box with 8 SAS/SATA ports, expand the total numbers of SAS/SATA ports to 16 so the user can clone 1:15 or 8:8 or any other combinations of source and target SAS/SATA drives. This extension also will allow duplication of 1:18 SATA drives with the use of the unit's USB ports (click here: Expansion).
Remarks on off the shelf cloning and imaging application: There are many cloning and imaging stand alone applications, only a few are really working!
Some of the testimonials:
1) " We’ve been using our Media Clone
Super Copier for over a year now in a very intensive industrial process. Its
unique connection harness made it the best fit for needs – no need to strip drives
out of caddies. During that time we’ve run probably over 1000 drives through it
with little or no fanfare. It does what we need without fuss. Not consumer
level by any means but rather a rugged, reliable, get the job done product. We
recently had some issues, were ready to repair it ourselves, but Media Clone
wanted to make sure everything was up to snuff and took it in-house to fix
themselves. They were extremely courteous, repairs were extremely fast, costs
were very minimal and as soon as we get it back we’ll be back in business. The
old ways of cloning drives one at a time are just too tedious for words. We
highly recommend Media Clone and their products. 3/27/2018 SFMTA Video Shop"
"The MediaClone SuperCopier Desktop unit works very well. The unit runs very fast in multiple session operations, and it is very easy to use. We have loaded many different kinds of partitions on the source drive, and the Quick Copy mode works very well cloning the source to many targets. The application supports GPT and MBR partitions with scaling and non-scaling, NTFS resize works with different size targets, and the latest Windows 10 is very well supported.” Benny Potlog from Intel Israel
3) "For our purposes, being able to sanitize many drives swiftly is a serious need. We looked into several devices but they were usually made for single purposes that didn't match what we were looking for. The MediaClone SuperCopier has allowed us to speed up cleansing drives dramatically as well as clone drives. It's flexible and allows for many operations simultaneously. In the rare event of any issues, we have always received prompt support from MediaClone. The SuperCopier is very well constructed, simple to use, and reliable." Warren Smite from Prosoftnet Calabasas, CA
4) “We have searched for few solutions that could help us to destroy our data from retired storage and came across MediaClone SuperWiper solution. I must say, it saved us lots of time erasing individual disks so we have decided to add the Disk Duplicator solution to clone drives. IT Folks love to be able erase data with DoD formatting tool and also provide audit trail for our auditors. Great product and I would highly recommend it.” Les Janeczko Manager, IT Infrastructure Fuzion Analytics
- SuperCopier Desktop Gen3 with 8 SAS/SATA ports
Standalone, Secure, No License Scheme, Drives Duplicator, Built with Extreme Performing Hardware, Heavy Duty, Easy to use, and very flexible UI.
• 8 SATA/SAS, 10 USB3.1, 1 e-SATA ports
• Standalone hardware gives the user a consistent performances
• Using the latest hardware technology (and not a limited embedded solution) to achieve the best performance
• Standalone is the most secure solution together with a combination with Linux OS
• No License scheme: Make the solution cost-effective
• Lifetime free s/w updates and supports
• Build with 8 Inch color LCD with touch screen
• UI is all designed with touch icons and easy to use
• The units runs 24/7 365 for years with no failure
Example of typical cloning operation:
For high volume:
SAS/SATA: clone 1 to 7 in one session.
SATA (by utilizing the eSATA port and using the 10 USB3.1 ports with SATA to USB adapters): clone 1 to 21 in one session.
For a verity of source drives:
Any combination of the ports up to 4 to 4 for SAS in 4 simultaneous sessions, and up to 10 to 10 for SATA in 9 simultaneous sessions.
Example of erase operation, or drive diagnostics: Utilize any of the unit’s port to plug a drive and run in separate sessions (besides designated source ports 1 SAS/SATA and 1 USB)
• Enable/Disable partition scaling
• Ability to select which partitions to scale
• Visualizing of the source drive partitions and flexibility to move partitions on the target
• Scaling NTFS, FAT32, and EXFAT partitions
• One of the best NTFS scaling down apps (improved version)
• Selective copy of files and folders
• Copy source files to a folder
• Copy from a VHD image
• Copy Bitlocker encrypted partitions
• Supports for 4K sector (Logical and Physical)
• Win8, Win10 support
• MBR and GPT partitioning
• S.M.A.R.T. drive's diagnostics tests
• Read back verify drive test
• HASH calculation
• Remove ATA passwords*
• Copy NVMe SSDs (as an option or as a dedicated unit)
• NVMe namespaces
• NVMe erase/format
* some drive models
• Unit’s Ports Assignments: Each of the unit’s target ports can be re-assigned as a source port. That gives the user maximum flexibility in running multiple cloning sessions.
• Multi Sessions Operation: All running sessions can run simultaneously, independently, and in parallel.
• Hot Pluggable Ports: Each of the unit’s port is hot pluggable. When a session completes, the user can plug another drive and select it to run a new operation.
• Mixed Operations: Run Clone, Erase and Drive Diagnostics in parallel (Limited by the number of the unit’s ports)
• Port Source/Target Selection: Set the role of the unit’s each port as source or target, for ease of use when running multiple cloning sessions.
• Scripting: Easy Scripting can be set and used for a repeat operation.
• Reporting: Detailed logs for drive duplication and drive erase sessions.
• Erase Certification: NIST 800-88
• SQL Erase Database: A collection of the erase logs, erase certificates and drive information.
• Easy Export for logs and the database to a USB stick or share it over a network.
• Easy Unit’s S/W Update: via a USB port
• Access/Control the unit remotely
Ports and Interfaces:
• SAS/SATA: Total 8 ports. It also include 8 extension cables and 8 slots open drive tray
• 4 USB 3.1 Gen-1 Front panel
• 6 USB3.1 Back Panel (one Type C Gen2, one Type A Gen2, 4 Type A Gen1)(Gen 2 bandwidth is 10gigabit/s)
• RJ45 1Gigbit/s
Other storage interfaces are supported with adapters like M.2 SATA, mSATA, MicroSATA, IDE
Expandability and Options all depends on the available unit’s PCIE slots:
• NVMe 2 drives option: Include M.2 Adapters and U.2 Extension Cables to Supports M.2, U.2 and PCIE NVMe SSD
• 8 ports SAS/SATA: Expansion Box with 8 cable less slots
• FC 2 ports: Include Fiber cables, and FC drive adapters
• 2 Drive SCSI Option: Include external PS and multiple channel SCSI cable to connect a few drives
• 1394 3 ports: Include FireWire controller with 2 1394A ports and one 1394B port and 1394A/B cables