Main Hardware Features:
- Case: Desktop, Industrial
- CPU: i9 with the Latest generation
- Display: 10" touchscreen, color LCD display
- Storage controller: SAS 3.0, 8 Channel LSI controller supports 12 Gigabit/s SAS drives.
- Hardware: Very high-quality, high performing components; some with military specifications.
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
- Security: Linux OS (Linux is less targeted by malware).
- Application Updates: The application can easily be updated via a USB thumb drive.
- Source Ports: One SAS/SATA port and one USB3.0 port are set as source ports for cloning operations (these ports’ role cannot be changed by the user).
- Supports Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0/3.1, MMC, M.2 SATA
- Supports Form Factors: 3.5", 2.5", ZIF, 1.8", Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, and M.2 NGFF storage devices.
- Cross Copy from Ports and Interfaces: The user can choose to clone from one type of port, storage protocol, and interface, and save it into a different port, storage protocol, and interface. The cross copy of data can be done between SAS/SATA/IDE/USB interfaces.
- HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application has the ability to automatically open HPA and DCO areas and re-size the drive to its full native capacity in order to erase any “hidden data” (HPA/DCO are special areas on the drive that support this feature).
- Bad Sectors Handling: The user can select to skip bad sectors/blocks or abort the operation when it encounters bad sectors/blocks on the source drive.
- 48bit LBA Addressing: Supports drives with sizes up to 256TB.
- GUI: The application is built with large, very simple, and easy-to-navigate icons. In a few clicks, the user can set the operation, and it will quickly start up and run.
-Speed: Extremely fast operation - 100% bit by bit can be up to 29GB/min with SSD and 11GB/min with fast Hard Disk Drives.
Main Application Features:
1. Clone: Mirror bit by bit (any OS), Quick Copy (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT2-4), Selective Capture (Folders and Files), VHD Copy, and Copy to Folder.
2. HASH a drive
3. Erase or Format drives
4. Drive Diagnostics
- Main Copy/Duplicate/Clone Application Features:
- Mirror Image: 100% bit by bit mirror image for any size of master and target drive with any OS. The source drive and the target drives need to be the same make and size if the user wants to be able to boot from the target drive. The user can image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging.
- Selective Capture enable the user to browse the source drive and select partitions, folders, and files to copy. It is supported by partitions that are mountable under Linux (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS, EXT2-4).
- VHD Copy enables the user to copy VHD files from a source drive that contains multiple VHD files.
- Copy to Folder: Clone the entire drive and save into one Folder.
- Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy mode: This is where the cloning and the deploying process is done with a copy of the file system.
-It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/HFS+/EXT -2-3-4 file systems.
-Automatically scans for all the partitions on the source drive.
-Option to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partitions, by user’s selection and choice.
-Option not to scale partitions.
-Scale down: If the size of the DATA on the source drive (not the size of the source drive!) will fit the target drive, then the quick copy will be completed.
-Flexibility in cloning mode: It can be 1:15, 2:14, 8:8, and more for SAS drives; 1:18 for SATA drives; and more modes with use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters.
- Automatically formats and partitions the target drives: On-the-fly, while the duplication runs.
HASH a Drive:
- Verification of the copied data (HASH):
-For 100% bit by bit copy: The user can select to add an optional HASH calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. SHA-1 is the fastest mode and it almost adds not delays the total copy time. For extra precaution, the user can also enable the option to "HASH target drives and compare" which will run an additional read-pass over the target drives at the end of the copy, calculate a HASH value by reading the data from the target drives, and compare the HASH values to the one that was generated from the source drive. That extra step adds some extra time; for example, running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source dive to 15 of 1TB target drives can take around 2h. “HASH the target drives and compare” can add another hour to the total time.
Erase and Format Operation:
- Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, DoD Lite (Total of 4 passes), Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, Sanitize (SAS SSD), NVMe-format (NVMe SSD), or User-Defined Final Data Filling Pattern and the number of erase iterations (all erase protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance).
- Drive Format: NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, and EXT4.
Drive Diagnostics Operation:
- Drive Diagnostics tests and S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If the user intends to erase a drive for re-use purposes it is recommended to run some "Health test" on the drive prior to the erase process. There are 4 available types of tests:
-Read-Verify- supported by all storage protocols.
-Short Test (2-5 minutes)- scans random areas on the drive.
-Extended Full Test (Can take hours)- scans the entire drive.
-Conveyance Test- identifies damage incurred during the transporting of the drive to evaluate the "health" condition of the drive prior to the erase operation (S.M.A.R.T. is only supported by SATA/SAS/SCSI storage protocols).
- Logs and Erase Certification: The application generates extensive erase log files and erase certifications (option to save to NIST 800-88 format) that are easy to export to USB flash drives. The user can add his company logo to the erase certification and also add additional info on the erase runs that will append to the certification.
Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions:
Every drive cloning session must include one source drive and at least one target drive (The application supports cloning from one source to multiple targets). Also, numerous cloning sessions can run at the same time (simultaneously and in parallel). To run multiple cloning, the user needs to configure (reassign its role) some of the target ports to be source ports.
For example, The SuperCopier desktop 8 SAS/SATA ports unit is configured with first port as Source + Target 1-7 ports, so one possible cloning session: Source 1 ->Target 1+Target 2, Source 3->Target 4 (Where, in this case, the user reassigned Target 3 port to be Source 3).
Another possible cloning session is to run four simultaneous cloning sessions of 1:1 can be achieved: Source 1 ->Target 1, Source 2->Target 3, Source 4->Target 5, Source 6->Target 7 (Where in this case, the user reassigned Target 2, to be Source 2, Target 4 to Source 4, Target 6 to be Source 6). and many more possibilities.
In addition, the user can select to run another type of operation in parallel to the cloning session, like HASH, diagnostics, Erase….
Drive Detection Application Screen:
All drives and storage devices connected to the unit will be scanned and displayed on one screen called "The Detection Screen". The user can tap on each drive model to get the drive's detailed info, perform a specific operation on that drive, like resizing it. Also, the user can select the drive into the desired operation they are planning to use.
The user can run continuous operations with multiple sessions. Each storage device attached to the unit can be selected to run in an independent session. Each session does run independently of the other and can run simultaneously to maximize the use of the machine. When a session is completed/aborted regardless of the status of the other running sessions, the user can replace those storage devices with another one and start a new session – That is a continuous operation.
Multiple Sessions Application Screen:
All running sessions are displayed in one "Application Screen". The "Application Screen" shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, the progress completion bar, and the successful completion flag. The user can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real-time running progress, and get the specific detailed setting for that run. It is a straightforward way to view, navigate, and control the sessions.
For Erase Operation: The total erase time depends on the drive makes/model and size, and it does not matter how many drives are connected to the unit since the CPU is very powerful with many cores and the application utilized those cores smartly!
For Cloning Operation: Quick Copy is slower than mirror imaging since it takes the application to calculate and create the file system, but overall it is much faster since it does not need to clone empty spaces.
- USB3.0 to SATA Adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min. With the use of the USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, the user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone’s units. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance of the unit, when running 4 adapters in parallel, was measured at a very high speed and with very little speed degradation.
- Built in the US: The units are built and tested in the US.
- Warranty: One-year free warranty on the main unit (does not include warranty on accessories, adapters, and cables).
- Native SAS: 40 Ports (8 ports on the main unit and 32 ports on two 16 ports expansion boxes).
- USB3.1: 10 Ports (2 USB3.1 ports are Gen-2 with double the speed, one USB 3.1 port with a Type C connector, and one USB3.1 port with a Type A connector).
- USB2.0: 1 Port
- HDMI and DP port for external monitor.
- Top and Front Panel: 8 SAS/SATA, 1 e-SATA, 2 USB3.1, and 1 USB2.0 port.
- Back Panel: HDMI, DP, USB3.1 Gen-2 Type C, USB3.1 Gen-2 Type A, 6 USB3.1 Type A Gen-1, RJ45 1Gigabit/s Ethernet, and 2 e-SATA ports.
-A built-in, universal, auto switching 750W UL/CE/PSE 110/220V power supply with input voltage 100-240V/50-60HZ.
- Temperature: 5°C - 55°C (40°F-130°F).
- Relative Humidity: 20-60% non-condensing.
- Base unit’s dimensions: 16.0” x 15.0” x 4.0” inch. (400 x 380 x 100 mm). A user will have to attach the display pad to the main unit.
(8-channel open tray dimensions: 11"x 6"x 2" inch) (Weight 30LBS)
- Each 16 ports expansion box dimensions: 17"x 14"x 6.5" inch. (Each box wieght 20LBS)
The total weight of the solution is 75LBS
-8 SAS/SATA 29 Pins, male to female power and data combo cables, with secure locking connection.