The SuperCopier® Desktop Gen-3 Standalone unit with 16 SAS/SATA Ports (i7 9th generation, 12Gigabit/s SAS) is an industrial and an extremely fast, multiple purpose drive duplication units. It can be used to perform drive duplication, drive imaging, drive cloning, drive selective imaging, drive erase, drive diagnostics, and drive quick format of many drives in a very fast and efficient way. The unit performs at a very high transfer rate, in a very secure Linux environment, and with the most efficient user-friendly touchscreen icons application. The unit has a durable built, with a desktop-style, featuring 16 channels open tray for easy drive insertion and connection, 16 SATA/SATA-3 ports, one e-SATA port, and 10 USB3.0/USB3.1 ports. By default, the first SAS/SATA port and the first USB port is configured to perform as the source port. The user has the flexibility to assign each target port of the unit as a source or target. The main SuperCopier application supports many modes of operations, such as:
1) Mirror Copy Mode: Imaging drive with 100% bit by bit mirror Copy - any OS and any file system, with HASH verification mechanism which includes HASH target drive and compares to source drive for 100% data transferred verification. The user can also image a portion of the drive, by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging
2) Duplication drives with a Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy - The application supports duplication of the files system only, from many source drives that have the following file system: FAT/NTFS/exFAT/HFS+/Linux EXT2-4 to many target drives.
Also, the application automatically performs:
a) Partitions scanning on the source drive
b) Partitions scaling on the target drive
c) Ability to Copy Encrypted partition and unrecognized partition
d) Scale Options:
1) Scale all partitions
2) Selectively scale partitions
3) Disable scaling
4) Scale down some partitions (Not for EXT2-4 and not for HFS+): If the data on the source drive does not occupy the entire drive, the user can copy it to a smaller drive (for example if the data occupied only 200GB on 1TB source drive, then the target drive can be 200GB and cloning from 1TB to 200GB will work). NTFS True scaling down with new s/w release for example: We run a bench test with a 160GB source drive, which contains two NTFS partitions: 1) 100MB boot partition 2) The rest was a Windows partition. The target drive was 120GB, and the data load size was 16.4GB. The data were fragmented, and a previous s/w revision could not even scale down to an 80GB target drive. The new s/w version allows the target drive to shrink from a 120GB drive down to 23.5GB drive!
3) VHD Copy - Supports copy from a source drive that contains multiple VHD files
4) Selective Capture - Supports selective capture of files and folders
5) Deploy drive - The application supports duplication of data from one source drive to many target drives, or from many source drives to many target drives up to 1:15 SAS ports, 1:18 SATA drives and more with USB3.1 ports
6) Erase operations - The application supports independent channel/port erase operations with the use of those erase protocols: DoD, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase
7) Drive Format - The application supports a quick or full format for NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, and EXT4 file system
6) Drive Diagnostics: The user can run drive diagnostics drives: 1) 3 different S.M.A.R.T tests. 2) Read- Verify test that will report the location and amount of bad sectors and weak media.
8) The SuperCopier application runs under secured Linux OS (Linux OS is not targeted by viruses and malware as Windows, for instance)
9) The unit has optional expansion capabilities via PCIE 3.0 Expansion slots (SCSI 3 drives and 6 drives Options, Fiber Channel 2 drives Options, 1394 Option, Thunderbolt Option Via 1394, Express Card Reader Option)
10) The application is updated to clone Windows 10 drives
12) Supports drives with 4k (Physical and Logical)
11) New: Quick Copy supports HFS+ partitions
Remarks on off the shelf cloning and imaging application: There are many cloning and imaging stand alone applications, only a few are really working!
Some of the testimonials:
"The MediaClone SuperCopier Desktop unit works very well. The unit runs very fast in multiple session operations, and it is very easy to use. We have loaded many different kinds of partitions on the source drive, and the Quick Copy mode works very well cloning the source to many targets. The application supports GPT and MBR partitions with scaling and non-scaling, NTFS resize works with different size targets, and the latest Windows 10 is very well supported.” Benny Potlog from Intel Israel
"For our purposes, being able to sanitize many drives swiftly is a serious need. We looked into several devices but they were usually made for single purposes that didn't match what we were looking for. The MediaClone SuperCopier has allowed us to speed up cleansing drives dramatically as well as clone drives. It's flexible and allows for many operations simultaneously. In the rare event of any issues, we have always received prompt support from MediaClone. The SuperCopier is very well constructed, simple to use, and reliable." Warren Smite from Prosoftnet Calabasas, CA
“We have searched for few solutions that could help us to destroy our data from retired storage and came across MediaClone SuperWiper solution. I must say, it saved us lots of time erasing individual disks so we have decided to add the Disk Duplicator solution to clone drives. IT Folks love to be able erase data with DoD formatting tool and also provide audit trail for our auditors. Great product and I would highly recommend it.” Les Janeczko Manager, IT Infrastructure Fuzion Analytics
- SuperCopier Desktop Gen3 with 16 SAS/SATA ports
Standalone, Secure, No License Scheme, Drives Duplicator, Built with Extreme Performing Hardware, Heavy Duty, Easy to use, and very flexible UI.
• 16 SATA/SAS, 10 USB3.1, 1 e-SATA ports
- • Standalone hardware gives the user a consistent performances
• Using the latest hardware technology (and not a limited embedded solution) to achieve the best performance
• Standalone is the most secure solution together with a combination with Linux OS
• No License scheme: Make the solution cost-effective
• Lifetime free s/w updates and supports
• Build with 8 Inch color LCD with touch screen
• UI is all designed with touch icons and easy to use
• The units runs 24/7 365 for years with no failure
Example of typical cloning operation:
For high volume:
SAS/SATA: clone 1 to 15 in one session.
SATA (by utilizing the eSATA port and using the 10 USB3.1 ports with SATA to USB adapters): clone 1 to 25 in one session.
For a verity of source drives:
Any combination of the ports up to 8 to 8 for SAS in 8 simultaneous sessions, and up to 9 to 9 for SATA in 9 simultaneous sessions.
Example of erase operation, or drive diagnostics:
- Utilize any of the unit’s port to plug a drive and run in separate sessions (besides designated source ports 1 SAS/SATA and 1 USB)
• Enable/Disable partition scaling
• Ability to select which partitions to scale
• Visualizing of the source drive partitions and flexibility to move partitions on the target
• Scaling NTFS, FAT32, and EXFAT partitions
• One of the best NTFS scaling down apps (improved version)
• Selective copy of files and folders
• Copy source files to a folder
• Copy from a VHD image
• Copy Bitlocker encrypted partitions
• Supports for 4K sector (Logical and Physical)
• Win8, Win10 support
• MBR and GPT partitioning
• S.M.A.R.T. drive's diagnostics tests
• Read back verify drive test
• HASH calculation
• Remove ATA passwords*
• Copy NVMe SSDs (as an option or as a dedicated unit)
• NVMe namespaces
• NVMe erase/format
- * some drive models
- • Unit’s Ports Assignments: Each of the unit’s target ports can be re-assigned as a source port. That gives the user maximum flexibility in running multiple cloning sessions.
• Multi Sessions Operation: All running sessions can run simultaneously, independently, and in parallel.
• Hot Pluggable Ports: Each of the unit’s port is hot pluggable. When a session completes, the user can plug another drive and select it to run a new operation.
• Mixed Operations: Run Clone, Erase and Drive Diagnostics in parallel (Limited by the number of the unit’s ports)
• Port Source/Target Selection: Set the role of the unit’s each port as source or target, for ease of use when running multiple cloning sessions.
• Scripting: Easy Scripting can be set and used for a repeat operation.
• Reporting: Detailed logs for drive duplication and drive erase sessions.
• Erase Certification: NIST 800-88
• SQL Erase Database: A collection of the erase logs, erase certificates and drive information.
• Easy Export for logs and the database to a USB stick or share it over a network.
• Easy Unit’s S/W Update: via a USB port
• Access/Control the unit remotely
Ports and Interfaces:
• SAS/SATA: Total 16 ports(8 on main unit and 8 cable-less on the Expansion Box). It also include 8 extension cables and 8 slots open drive tray
• 4 USB 3.1 Gen-1 Front panel
• 6 USB3.1 Back Panel (one Type C Gen2, one Type A Gen2, 4 Type A Gen1)(Gen 2 bandwidth is 10gigabit/s)
• RJ45 1Gigbit/s
Other storage interfaces are supported with adapters like
- M.2 SATA, mSATA, MicroSATA, IDE
Expandability and Options all depends on the available unit’s PCIE slots:
• 2 Drive SCSI Option: Include external PS and multiple channel SCSI cable to connect a few drives
• 1394 3 ports: Include FireWire controller with 2 1394A ports and one 1394B port and 1394A/B cables