SuperCopier IT 8" 3 NVMe + 2 SATA+ eSATA+ 4 SAS ports unit is a portable drive duplicator that supports up to 3 NVMe SSD, 2 SATA, e-SATA, 4 SAS, and 8 USB3.0/3.1 storage devices. The unit is compact, easy to carry, and easy to use with very simple and clear touchscreen icons. The operations are extremely fast and efficient, with very high transfer rates. Cloning NVMe SSD can reach 187GB/min. The SuperCopier’s main application supports many modes of operations, such as:
1) Mirror mode: Bit by bit imaging.
Quick Copy: Advanced Smart Copy of Partitions.
VHD Copy: Clone image of a virtual drive.
Selective Capture of Files and Folders.
Copy to Folder: Copy all data files from a source drive into one folder on the target drives.
The application supports duplication of data from one source drive to multiple target drives, or from multiple source drives to multiple target drives using the flexibility to change the role of a port from target to source. Also, the application is updated to clone Windows 10.
The unit is supplied with TB 3.0 Expansion Box with 4 SAS ports. The solution also includes 1 M.2 NVMe controller so the user can clone 1:2 NVMe SSD.
NMVe Cloning can reach 100 GB/min depends on the media
Off-the-shelf cloning and imaging application: There are many cloning and imaging stand alone applications, but in reallty only a few of them are really working well when using the Quick SMART Copy!
Some of the testimonials:
"The MediaClone SuperCopier Desktop unit works very well. The unit runs very fast in multiple session operations, and it is very easy to use. We have loaded many different kinds of partitions on the source drive, and the Quick Copy mode works very well cloning the source to many targets. The application supports GPT and MBR partitions with scaling and non-scaling, NTFS re-size works with different size targets, and the latest Windows 10 is very well supported.” Benny Potlog from Intel Israel
"For our purposes, being able to sanitize many drives swiftly is a serious need. We looked into several devices but they were usually made for single purposes that didn't match what we were looking for. The MediaClone SuperCopier has allowed us to speed up cleansing drives dramatically as well as clone drives. It's flexible and allows for many operations simultaneously. In the rare event of any issues, we have always received prompt support from MediaClone. The SuperCopier is very well constructed, simple to use, and reliable." Warren Smite from Prosoftnet Calabasas, CA
“We have searched for few solutions that could help us to destroy our data from retired storage and came across MediaClone SuperWiper solution. I must say, it saved us lots of time erasing individual disks so we have decided to add the Disk Duplicator solution to clone drives. IT Folks love to be able erase data with DoD formatting tool and also provide audit trail for our auditors. Great product and I would highly recommend it.” Les Janeczko Manager, IT Infrastructure Fuzion Analytics
7/2021 "We just bought the SuperCopier 8” Portable NVMe + SATA mix unit, and we want to thank you for the excellent support!” Alex Chappell, System Integrator, Nabros Drilling, TX, USA
SuperCopier Cloning Application Settings:
- HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application can automatically open HPA and DCO areas and resize the drive to its full native capacity to erase any "hidden data" (HPA/DCO are special areas on a SATA drive that support this feature).
- Bad Sectors Handling: The user can select to skip bad sectors/blocks or abort the operation when encountering bad sectors/blocks on the source drive.
- 48bit LBA Addressing: Supports drives with sizes up to 256TB.
The Application's Main Operations:
- GUI: The SuperCopier application is designed with very simple and easy-to-navigate icons. The user can set the operation in a few clicks.
- Speed: Extremely fast operation - 100% bit by bit can be up to 29 GB/min with SSD, and 11 GB/min with high rpm Hard Disk Drives.
- Clone: Mirror bit by bit (any OS), Quick Copy (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT2-4), Selective Capture (Folders and Files), VHD Copy, and Copy to Folder.
- Erase or Format.
- Drive Diagnostics.
- HASH Authentication.
- Mirror Copy: 100% bit by bit mirror copy for any size of source and target drive with any OS. The source drive and the target drives need to be the same make and size if the user wants to boot from the target drives. The user can image a portion of the source drive by adjusting the % of the drive.
- Selective Capture: Enables the user to browse and select from the source drive partitions, folders and files to copy. Supported by a drive with a mountable partition under Linux (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS, and EXT2-4).
- VHD Copy: Enables the user to copy VHD files from a source drive that contains multiple VHD files.
- Copy-to-Folder: Copy the entire drive and save it into one Folder.
- Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy mode: Cloning and deploying only the file system.
It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/HFS+/EXT-2-3-4 file systems.
Automatically scans for all the partitions on the source drive.
Option to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partitions, by user's selection and choice, and option not to scale partitions.
Scale-Down partitions: If the size of the "data" on the source drive (not the size of the source drive!) will fit the target drive, then the quick copy will be completed. If the data on the source drive does not occupy the whole drive, the user can copy it to a smaller drive (for example, if the data occupied only 200GB on 1TB source drive, then the target drive can be 200GB, and cloning from 1TB to 200GB will work).Example of cloning with NTFS scaling down operation: Run a bench test with a 160GB source drive containing two NTFS partitions: 1) 100MB boot partition 2) remaining is Windows partition. The target drive was 120 GB, and the data load size was 16.4 GB. The "data" was fragmented, and a previous s/w revision could not succeed in copying it into an 80 GB target drive. The new, improved s/w version enables the target drive to shrink from a size of 120GB down to 23.5GB!
Supports for Scale-Down partition: Is not supported for EXT2-4 nor HFS+.
Automatically formats and partitions the target drives On-the-fly while the duplication runs.
- Verification of the copied data/Built-in data transfer verification.
For 100% bit by bit mirror copy: The user can select to add an optional HASH calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. MD5 is the fastest mode, and it almost adds not delays the total copy time.
For an extra precaution, the user can also enable the option to "HASH target drives and compare" which will run an additional read-pass over the target drives at the end of the copy, calculate a HASH value by reading the data from the target drives, and compare the HASH values to the one that was generated from the source drive. That extra step adds some spare time; for example, running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source drive to 15 of 1TB target drives can take around 2h. "HASH the target drives and compare" can add another hour to the total time.
Erase and Format Operation:
- Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M(Total 8 pasess), DoD Lite (Total of 4 passes), Security Erase(NIST), Enhanced Security Erase, Sanitize (SAS SSD), NVMe security erase/format (NVMe SSD), or User-Defined Final Data Filling Pattern and the number of erase iterations (all erase protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance).
- Drive Formats: NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, and EXT4.
Drive Diagnostics Operation:
- Drive Diagnostics tests and S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If the user intends to erase a drive for re-use purposes, it is recommended to run some "Health test" on the drive before the erase process. There are three available types of tests:
- Read-Verify: Supported by all storage protocols.
- Short Test (2-5 minutes): The application scans random areas on the drive.
- Extended Full Test (It can take hours to run): The application scans the entire drive.
- S.M.A.R.T. supported; Only by SATA/SAS/SCSI storage protocols.
Logs, Erase Certification and databases: The application generates extensive erase and diagnostics log files, erase and diagnostics databases, and erase certifications (option to save to NIST 800-88 format) easy to export to USB flash drives. The user can add his company logo to the erase certification and add additional info on the erase runs that will append to the certificate.
Parallel Operations/Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions:
Every drive cloning session must include one source drive and at least one target drive (The application supports cloning from one source to multiple targets). Also, numerous cloning sessions can run simultaneously. To run multiple cloning, the user needs to configure (reassign its role) some of the target ports to be source ports.
For example, The SuperCopier desktop 8 SAS/SATA ports unit is configured with the first port as Source + Target 1-7 ports, so one possible cloning session: Source 1 ->Target 1+Target 2, Source 3->Target 4 (Where, in this case, the user reassigned Target 3 port to be Source 3).
Another possible cloning session is to run four simultaneous cloning sessions of 1:1 can be achieved: Source 1 ->Target 1, Source 2->Target 3, Source 4->Target 5, Source 6->Target 7 (Where, in this case, the user reassigned Target 2, to be Source 2, Target 4 to Source 4, Target 6 to be Source 6). and many more possibilities.
In addition, the user can select to run another type of operation in parallel to the cloning session, like HASH, Drive Diagnostics, Drive Erase, and more.
Drive Detection Application Screen:
All drives and storage devices connected to the unit will be scanned and displayed on "The Detection Screen" screen. The user can tap on each drive model to get the drive's detailed info and perform a specific operation on that drive, like resizing it. Also, the user can select the drive to run into the operation.
The user can run continuous operations with multiple sessions. Each storage device attached to the unit can be selected to run in an independent session. Each session does run independently of the other and can run simultaneously to maximize the use of the machine. When a session is completed/aborted regardless of the status of the other running sessions, the user can replace those storage devices with another one and start a new session – That is a continuous operation.
Multiple Sessions Application Screen:
All running sessions are displayed in one "Application Screen". The "Application Screen" shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, the progress completion bar, and the successful completion flag. The user can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real-time running progress, and get the specific detailed setting for that run. It is a straightforward way to view, navigate, and control the sessions.
Speed of cloning and erase:
- For Erase Operation: The total erase time depends on the drive makes/model and size. It does not matter how many drives are connected to the unit since the CPU is very powerful and utilizes many cores to achieve max speed optimization.
- For Cloning Operation: Quick Copy is slower than mirror imaging since it takes more time for the application to calculate and create the file system, but overall it is much faster since it does not need to clone empty spaces.
- The Unit's User Configuration: This feature allows the administrator of the unit to set specific operations with specific settings and allows the user to secure it with a lock password (This feature needs to be requested at the time of purchasing the main unit – it is needed for security purposes).
- Tasks Scripting: The user can create a script enable the application to run sequential and parallel operations. There are no limitations on the number of scripts and operations.
- Language Supports: Easy to implement translations for new languages. (Korean and Chinese are supported).
- Settings: The user can save its setting, load a saved setting, or tap on the default setting.
- Set time and day: The user can set the Date and Time.
- Warranty: One year on the main unit, not include cables and accessories.
- Built-in the US: The units are built and tested in the US.
Main Hardware Features:
- Form Factor: Compact, portable, lightweight, and easy to carry.
- CPU: i7 Latest generation.
- Display: 8" (800X600) touchscreen, color LCD display.
- Hardware: Very high-quality, high performing components; some with military specifications.
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit.
- Security: Linux OS (Linux is less targeted by malware).
- Dedicated Secure Unit: Clones, Erases and Formats storage devices (HDD, SSD, USB storage devices, and Multi Media Cards).
- Storage controller: 2 ports NVMe (PCIE Gen4) storage Controller supporting over 24GB/sec.
- 48bit LBA Addressing: Supports drives with sizes up to 256TB.
- Supports Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE, USB2.0, USB3.0, USB3.0, MMC, and M.2 (SATA), U.2 NVMe, M.2 NVMe, PCIE NVMe. Supports for SCSI/FC is with optional hadrware.
- Supports Form Factors: 3.5", 2.5", ZIF, 1.8", Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, and M.2 storage devices.
- Clone and Erase Multi-Media Cards: Supports SD/CF/Memory Stick/microSD with the use of a Multi-Media Card reader via a USB port.
- Main Native Ports: 2 SATA, 2 U.2 NVMe, 8 USB3.0/3.1
- Expansion Ports: Thunderbolt 3.0 (40 Gigabit/s)
- Main Expansion Hardware:
- Thunderbolt 3.0 to PCIE Expansion Box
- One port NVMe M.2 Controller
- 4 ports SAS Controller
- Main Optional Expansion Hardware:
- NVMe PCI Adapter
- Thunderbot/Mac Kit
- 1394 Kit
- SCSI KIT
- FC KIT
- Power Characteristics: A universal auto switching 192W UL/CE/PSE external power supply adapter with a key and lock mechanism to avoid accidental disconnection.
- Operating Environment:
5°C - 55°C (40°F-130°F), relative humidity: 20-60% non-condensing.
- Mechanical Characteristics:
- Unit Dimensions: 10.6" x 7.70" x 3.85"
- Unit Net Weight: 6.00 LBS.
- Shipping Dimensions:
Box Dimensions: 15" x 15" x 15" inch & Box Weight: 25.00 lbs.
- Included items:
- SATA to 40-pin IDE adapter Kit
- One 2.5” IDE 44-pin adapter.
- 2 29-pin SATA data and power combo cables
- 1 M.2 SATA adapter
- 2 NVMe U.2 Extension cables
- 2 M.2 to U.2 NVMe adapters
- TB3.0 Expansion box with 4 ports SAS controller
- One M.2 NVMe controller (used as the third NVMe with the TB box)
- ZIF to SATA Adapter.
- SATA to 1.8 Inch IDE Adapter
- SATA to USB3.0 Adapter (The user can transform every USB3.0 port into SATA port, with the use of external PS).
- 1394B KIT
- 1394 to Thunderbolt Adapters
- M.2 NGFF to USB3.0 Adapter (SATA and PCIE base)
- SCSI 2 drives KIT
- NVMe KIT
- USB3.0 to SATA 4 Channel Kit convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports at high speed (20GB/min) The Kit includes 4 USB3.0 to SATA drive adapters and one power supply to power 4 SATA hard disk drives
Portable, Secure, No License Scheme, Drives Duplicator, Built with 3 NVMe + 7 (4 SAS +3 SATA) ports and with Extreme Performing Hardware, Easy to Use, and Very Flexible UI. Portable hardware gives the user flexibility to perform IT duties at any location. The unit is a secure solution Linux OS. No licensing scheme makes the solution cost-effective. Lifetime free s/w updates and supports. The unit runs 24/7, 365 days of the year, with no failure.
• Visualizing of the source drive partitions and flexibility to move partitions on the target.
• Scaling NTFS, FAT32, and EXFAT partitions.
• One of the best NTFS scaling down apps.
• Copy/Erase Bitlocker encrypted partitions.
• Win8, Win10 support.
• Supports MBR and GPT partitioning.
• S.M.A.R.T. drive's diagnostics tests.
• Read back verify drive test.
• Remove ATA passwords*
* some drive models
• For NVMe Supports:
-Copy NVMe SSDs
• Hot Pluggable Ports: Each of the unit’s ports is hot pluggable. When a session completes, the user can plug another drive and select it to run a new operation.
• Scripting: Easy Scripting can be set and used for a repeat operation.
• Reporting: Detailed logs for drive duplication and drive erase sessions.
• SQL Erase Database: A collection of the erase logs, erase certificates, and drive information.
• Easy Export of Erase logs and the Erase database to a USB stick or share it over a network.
• Access/Control the unit remotely.
Example of a typical cloning operation:
For high volume:
NVMe: clone 1 to 2 in one session.
SATA: clone 1 to 6 in one session. (SAS: clone 2 to 2 in one session).
Mix Media: From 1 NVMe to 7 SATA, or from 1 SATA to 2 NVMe.
For a variety of source drives:
Any combination of the ports up to 3 to 4 for SATA drives in 4 simultaneous sessions.