The unit hardware is very robust running i7 11 generation CPU, with the 12" large display which helps visualization when running a Forensic Analysis software, and with a rugged case which makes it easy to carry when traveling.
• one e-SATA port on the main unit
• 4 SAS/SATA ports: on the main unit (in socket, power & data)
• 4 USB3.0/3.1
• TB3.0 port
Main purpose of the unit is when there is a need to image in the field both SATA and SAS
The unit supplied with:
• Remote Capture KIT.
• Virtual Emulator (for viewing the Suspect drive prior to the capture).
• 4 SATA/SAS Extension Cables.
Important Options are: Thunderbolt 3.0 to PCIE Expansion Box, M.2 NVMe controller, Thunderbolt 3.0 to 10GbE adapter, and the Mac/Thunderbolt acquisition kit
The Optional Thunderbolt 3.0 to PCIE Expansion box enables the user to plug additional optional storage controllers (NVMe, SAS, SCSI, 1394, and FC) to support capture from more storage devices.
The SuperImager’s main application (the unit’s software) supports many imaging operations
. Some of the tasks that the unit can be used for includes:
Parallel Forensic Capture: Mirror (bit by bit), Linux-DD, E01/Ex01 (with full compression) formats, Mixed-Format
DD/E01, and Selective Capture (files and folders with the use of file extension filters). Select a single
partition to capture.
2) Erase data from Evidence drive - using DoD (ECE, E), Security Erase, NVMe, and
Sanitize erase protocols.
3) View the data directly on Ubuntu Desktop screen.
4) Encrypt the data while capturing (AES256).
5) HASH the data while capturing – run all the three, SHA-1, SHA-2, and MD5 HASH engines, at the same
6) Run a Quick Keyword Search on the Suspect drive prior to capture, or during the capture.
7) Run Multiple Cellphone/Tablets data Extraction and Analysis.
8) Run Forensic Triage application.
9) Run a full Forensic Analysis application like Encase/Nuix/FTK.
10) Run Virtual Drive Emulator.
11) Run Remote Capture from unopened laptops (Intel Based CPU).
12) Save Images to a network using the optional Thunderbolt 3.0 to 10GbE adapter
13) Use the native Thunderbolt 3.0 port (40 Gigabit/s) to capture data from USB3.1 Gen2 storage devices, Mac via Thunderbolt 2/3 port or 1394 port, or connect to 10GbE network with the use of TB3.0 to 10GbE adapter.14) Unlock drives with ATA pass-code, BitLocker pass-code, Opal pass-code for SED drives
15) New feature - Use the SuperImager unit as a “Write Blocker” device: This new feature enables the SuperImager unit to function as a secure bridge between workstations on a network to Suspect drives attached to the SuperImager unit by using the iSCSI protocol over a network connection.A forensic investigator using a workstation or laptop in one location can access a Suspect drive in different locations in the Write-block mode.The SuperImager unit will be connected to the same network and the Suspect drives will be attached to the SuperImager unit in read-only mode. The SuperImager unit will act as a “write blocker” for any of the unit’s attached storage, such as: SAS, SATA, USB, 1394, FC, SCSI, and NVMe.
Additional operations that are
available include Drive Erase, HASH a drive, Drive Diagnostics, Image Restore, Scripting, and more.
The application supports forensic imaging of multiple drives, in multiple sessions, in simultaneous
forensic imaging runs.
The Optional Thunderbolt 3.0 to PCIE Expansion box enables the user to plug additional optional storage controllers (NVMe, SAS, SCSI, 1394, and FC) to support capture from
more storage devices.
The unit can be bundled with a very economic MOBILedit Forensic Express Application (installed on the Windows 10 side of the unit) to run multiple cellphone data extraction and analysis at the same time. Please call for more detail and pricing!
Some of the testimonials:
1) quote from Berry Huijp on SuperImager 12" Forensic Rugged unit:
“The SuperImager 12” unit is a perfect way to combine in field acquisition and in lab solution! We use the
device all the time to performs Forensic Imaging, Cellphone extraction, and Forensic Analysis. It is very fast
and easy to use."
2) “Thank you for all the work you have done on our machine. As always
your customer service is top notch! Every time I have had an issue you guys have been on top of it quickly.”
Detective Brian Stanley Orange Police Investigations 4/13/2018
3) "We got a unit of this machine a while ago, and then fell in love with it"
From: Adewale Alayegun - Digital Forensics Examiner at Digital Footprints Ltd, Nigeria 2021