Main Hardware Features:
- Case: Mobile, lightweight, and easy to carry.
- CPU: i7 mobile CPU
- Display: 7” (1280X800), LED back-light, touchscreen, color LCD display.
- Secure DC-in connector: Keyed and Locked DC-in connector to avoid accidental disconnect in the middle of the operation.
- Hardware: Very high-quality, high performing components; some with military specifications.
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
- Security: Linux OS (Linux is less targeted by malware).
- Application Updates: The application can easily be updated via a USB thumb drive and displays a special update application screen.
- Source Ports: One SATA port and one USB3.0 ports are set as source ports (the user cannot change the role of these ports).
- Supports Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE (with supplied adapters), USB3.0, and M.2 SATA.
- Supports Form Factors: 3.5 inches, 2.5 inches, ZIF, 1.8”, Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, and M.2 SATA.
- HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application supports detection, open, capture, or erase from HPA/DCO special areas on the drive.
- Bad Sectors Handling: The user can select to skip bad sectors, skip bad blocks, or abort the operations.
- 48bit LBA Addressing: Supports drives with sizes up to 256TB.
- Cross Copy from any Ports and any Interfaces
- GUI: The Cloning application is built with large and simple icons that is easy to navigate.
- Speed: Extremely fast and efficient operations with less OS overhead.
Application’s Main Operations:
- Clone: Mirror bit by bit (any OS), Quick Copy (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT2-4), Selective Capture (Folders and Files), VHD Copy, and Copy to Folder.
- Erase or Format drives
- Drive Diagnostics
- Main Copy/Duplicate/Clone Application Feature:
- Mirror Image: 100% bit by bit for any size of master and target with any OS. The source drive and the target drives need to be the same make and size if the user wants to boot from the target drives. There is no limitation on the source drives file system. The user can image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging. Also, the user can run HASH calculation on the transferred data in parallel to the copy operation.
- Selective Capture enables the user to browse the source drive and select partitions, folders, and files to copy. The source drive needs to contain mountable partitions under Linux (FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS, EXT2-4).
- VHD Copy enables the user to copy VHD files from a source drive that contains multiple VHD files.
- Copy to Folder: Clone the entire drive and save it into one Folder.
- Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy mode: This is where the cloning and the deploying process is done with a copy of the file system.
-It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/exFAT/HFS+/EXT-2-3-4 file system.
-Automatically scans for all the partitions on the source drive.
-Option to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partitions, by user’s selection and choice.
-Option not to scale partitions.
-Flexibility in cloning mode: It can be 1:2 and more modes with the use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters.
-Scale down: If the size of the DATA on the source drive (not the size of the source drive!) will fit the target drive, then the quick capture will be completed.
-Automatically formats and partitions the target drives: On-the-fly, while the duplication runs.
-Verification of the copied data:
-Built-in data transfer verification mode applies for all modes of copy.
-For 100% bit by bit copy: The user can select to add an optional HASH calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. SHA-1 is the fasted mode and it almost adds not delays the total copy time. For extra precaution, the user can also enable the option to “HASH target drives and compare” which will run an additional read-pass over the target drives and compare the HASH values to the one that was generated from the source drive. This extra step adds some extra time; for example, running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source drive to 3 1TB target drives can take around 2h. “HASH target drives and compare” can add another hour to the total time.
Erase and Format Operation:
- Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or User-Defined Final Data Filing Pattern and the numbers of erase iterations (Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, and DoD protocols are NIST 800-88 compliant).
- Drive Formats: FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, EXT4, and HFS+.
Drive Diagnostics Operation:
- Drive Diagnostics tests and S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If the user intends to erase a drive for a re-use purpose, it is recommended to run some “Health test” on the drive prior to the erase process. There are 4 available types of tests:
-Read-Verify- supported by all storage protocols.
-Short Test (2-5 minutes)- scans random areas on the drive.
-Extended Full Test (Can take hours)- scans the entire drive.
-Conveyance Test- identifies damage incurred during the transporting of the drive to evaluate the “health” condition of the drive prior to the erase operation. (S.M.A.R.T. tests are only supported by SATA/SAS/SCSI storage protocols).
- Logs and Erase Certification: The application generates erase certifications (NIST 800-88) that users can easily export to USB storage devices. The user can add his/her company logo to the erase certification and add additional info on the erase run that will append to the certification.
Parallel Operations:Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions:
Every drive cloning session must include one source drive and at least one target drive (The application supports cloning from one source to multiple targets). Also, numerous cloning sessions can run at the same time (simultaneously and in parallel). To run multiple cloning, the user needs to configure (reassign its role) some of the target ports to be source ports.
For example, The SuperCopier desktop 8 SAS/SATA ports unit is configured with first port as Source + Target 1-7 ports, so one possible cloning session: Source 1 ->Target 1+Target 2, Source 3->Target 4 (Where, in this case, the user reassigned Target 3 port to be Source 3).
Another possible cloning session is to run four simultaneous cloning sessions of 1:1 can be achieved: Source 1 ->Target 1, Source 2->Target 3, Source 4->Target 5, Source 6->Target 7 (Where in this case, the user reassigned Target 2, to be Source 2, Target 4 to Source 4, Target 6 to be Source 6). and many more possibilities.
In addition, the user can select to run another type of operation in parallel to the cloning session, like HASH, diagnostics, Erase….
Drive Detection Application Screen:
All drives and storage devices connected to the unit will be scanned and displayed on one screen called "The Detection Screen". The user can tap on each drive model to get the drive's detailed info, perform a specific operation on that drive, like resizing it. Also, the user can select the drive into the desired operation they are planning to use.
The user can run continuous operations with multiple sessions. Each storage device attached to the unit can be selected to run in an independent session. Each session does run independently of the other and can run simultaneously to maximize the use of the machine. When a session is completed/aborted regardless of the status of the other running sessions, the user can replace those storage devices with another one and start a new session – That is a continuous operation.
Multiple Sessions Application Screen:
All running sessions are displayed in one "Application Screen". The "Application Screen" shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, the progress completion bar, and the successful completion flag. The user can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real-time running progress, and get the specific detailed setting for that run. It is a straightforward way to view, navigate, and control the sessions.
For Erase Operation: The total erase time depends on the drive makes/model and size, and it does not matter how many drives are connected to the unit since the CPU is very powerful with many cores and the application utilized those cores smartly!
For Cloning Operation: Quick Copy is slower than mirror imaging since it takes the application to calculate and create the file system, but overall it is much faster since it does not need to clone empty spaces.
- USB3.0 to SATA Adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min. With the use of the USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, the user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone’s units. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and with very little speed degradation.
- NVMe M.2 to USB3.0 Adapter: Limited speed by the USB 3.0 port
- External Compact Li-Polymer Battery Option: 10AH 12V with charger. The user can clone 1 to 2 WD 1TB hard drives for 2 hours, or clone USB flash media for 5 hours.
- Built in the US: The units are built and tested in the US.
- Warranty: One-year free warranty on the main unit (does not include warranty on accessories, adapters, and cables).
- Native SATA: 3 Ports (with the use of USB3.0/3.1 to SATA fast adapters, the unit can support up to 7 SATA drives).
- USB3.0: 4 Ports
- HDMI and DP port to plug external monitor.
- Top and Front Panel: 3 SATA power and data combo ports.
- Back Panel: 1GB Ethernet port, 4 USB3.0/3.1 ports, and one HDMI port.
- A built-in, universal, auto switching 92W UL/CE/PSE external power supply adapter with a key and lock-in mechanism to avoid accidental disconnection.
- Input Voltage: 100-240V/50-60Hz.
- Power Consumption excluding External Drives: 80W
- Temperature: 5°C - 55°C (40°F-130°F).
- Relative Humidity: 20-60% non-condensing.
- Unit net weight: 2.50 lbs
- Unit dimensions: 7.5” x 6.0² x 2.5² (190 x 152 x 63 mm).
- Shipping dimensions: 14² x 12² x 10², 12.00 lbs.
- SATA to 40-pin IDE adapter Kit.
- One 2.5” IDE 44-pin adapter.
- Four 29-pin SAS/SATA data and power combo cables.
- M.2 SATA adapter